The ultimate guide to Costa Rica fishing packages | Quepos Fishing
Are you looking for your next holiday destination? If so, one place you should certainly consider is Costa Rica. You are guaranteed a holiday of a lifetime here, especially if you are someone who has a keen interest in fishing.
Reasons to visit Costa Rica:
- Beaches – Costa Rica is home to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches. From golden white sands to crystal clear waters, this is paradise on earth. You then have the stunning backdrop of the rainforest. It is like something straight out of a movie.
- Volcanoes – There are more than a dozen volcanoes in Costa Rica, including the magnificent Arenal, which is over five thousand feet high.
- Weather – The weather is great! You will get to bask in the sunshine and you will return from your holiday looking tanned and feeling refreshed.
- Watersports – There are so many incredible watersports to enjoy, from white-water rafting to surfing.
- It’s the world’s happiest country – Did you know that Costa Rica is the most satisfying place to live in the world?
- Fishing – Of course, one of the main reasons to consider Costa Rica is because of the exceptional fishing possibilities. From Marlin and Dorado to Red Snapper and Yellowfin Tuna, there are many challenges to enjoy.
What to consider when booking a Costa Rica fishing vacation:
As mentioned, one of the main reasons to consider visiting Costa Rica is because of the incredible fishing opportunities that are available. This means that there are lots of Costa Rica fishing packages available on the web, and it is up to you to narrow down your search effectively. Here are some top tips:
- Experience – Always choose a crew that has plenty of experience. You may be an experienced angler yourself, but you need a crew that knows the Costa Rica fishing waters like the back of their hand.
- Location – There are many parts of the country that are ideal for a Costa Rica fishing vacation. One of the best areas is Quepos. Here you will find a whole host of fish species, and the area itself is delightful too. You are in close proximity to the Manuel Antonio National Park, which is a highlight for many.
- Offshore or onshore? – Most fishing companies will give you the ability to enjoy both offshore and onshore fishing. This is the only way to get the true fishing experience. Don’t simply assume that this is the case, however. Make sure you enquire about it.
- Fish species – What type of fish are you going to have the opportunity to hook? Costa Rica is home to an incredible selection of fish, and you want to have the opportunity to try your hand at hooking some of the best.
- Price – Never look for the cheapest Costa Rica fishing vacation. Instead, look for value for money. Read reviews to make sure the company you have chosen has a great reputation and that past customers have been happy with their experience.